Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default LCD Projector Ghosting

Michael Kennedy wrote:
"jakdedert" wrote in message
Michael Kennedy wrote:
the effects are to the right and left fo the center. Horizontally it is
not
affected, only vertically.
Sorry that was wrong...
I meant to say Vertically the screen is not affected but it is
horizontally. The closer you get to the left or right of the screen the
worse the ghosting gets. The picture is almost clear in the center,
although there is some slight gosting, it is very faint.

On some projectors this is caused by heat warping various parts of the
imaging components. On at least one NEC model, it's the polarizing
filters that warp.

jak

Thanks for the reply Jak.

I had hoped to hear that the likely problem was electronic in nature rather
than mechanical. I've never taken a projector completely apart and honestly,
don't know what the filters look like or where they're located.

Are replacements easy to come by? I suppose I can live with it the way it
is.. I only paid about $65 for it (wokring properly) and the composit input
scaling sucks.

The only motivation I have to fix it is the hassle of disposing of things
here..

I only put that out as a possibility. There are projector forums
dealing specifically with such things. Google the model number.

jak