Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More powerful kitchen faucet side spray head?

"james" wrote in message ...
I have a kitchen faucet with a side spray (a separate pull out sprayer)
that sprays water at low speed, similar to this:
http://www.buyhardwaresupplies.com/?...Number=4235404

Any idea where can I buy a replacement spray head with more power? I want
to blast away the gunk that sticks to the strainer basket and garbage
disposal flaps, so I can clean them without touching with hands.

Doubt you'll find any. One limiting factor is the water pressure, of
course. Be sure your diverter valve is working properly too. The intent of
the spray is to rinse dishes, pots, pans, etc so the factory does not make a
high pressure version as most people prefer a gentle spray that does not get
them soaked.

Considering hte price, you may want to try making your own nozzle by
drilling out a disk or inserting a short length of copper tubing and
crimping the end to reduce volume but increase pressure.