Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default Is angle iron adequate for lintel?

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember Bruce saying
something like:

For sure. If I was doing any brickwork like that by the seat of my pants
in the middle of nowhere I'd have been looking at a length of I-beam or,
at a pinch, two L-sections opposing each other and straps welded across
between them underneath.
Ideally, I'd have looked up some prog to punch the numbers into, though.

It isn't just a question of finding a piece of software to punch numbers
into. Three years at University and a similar amount of structured
training, followed by a uniquely demanding examination which has to be
passed to obtain professional qualification, teaches rather more
understanding than that.

For a twelve foot window? Nah - if it's big enough, it's strong enough.
It's hardly the Forth Bridge, fgs.

You can have the last word.