Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] stevem2112@gmail.com is offline

Default Is it time to replace the water heater?

Fair enough. There must always be more to the story. It is a gas water
heater (40 gal...I think) of builder grade. The water heater is the
original from when the house was built in 2001. Ihave to admit, I have
been int the house for 3 years and have not had it serviced. I live
alone so there are no multiple shower issues. I don't know exactly how
hard the water is here in Georgia. It's not the worst I've seen, but
not the best either. After thinking about it some more, the water has
been a lot hotter in the past. Enough to scold you. But now, just hot
enough for a shower.

Steve

Ransley....please do not reply!

More info would get you a better answer

gas or electric?
location? *SoCal? *Minnesota?
age of water heater?
hard water?
preventative maint or complete neglect?

About 1 out of every 4 or 5 showers is lukewarm at best

Last shower after multiples? or?

When I get hot showers they are fine (temp + time)

first shower of the day? *after long recovery?

cheers
Bob