Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default hey Gunner

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

There's a museum on the Eastern Shore of Maryland (Easton? Cambridge?) that
has three or four punt guns. They all have names, which they were given 150
years ago or so.

Have you ever been up close to one of those suckers? The barrel looks like
the sewer pipe in my basement, only prettier. Despite the fact that the
buttstock looks like it goes against your shoulder, if you tried, your arm
would wind up in the next county.

My limits are a Thompson Center contender in .375 JDJ or my uncles Browning highwall
pushing a 320g bullet at 2400 fps. After that, it quits being fun. My lightweight 338
win mag isn't that much joy either. Hot 44 mag loads in my superblackhawk, yeah baby. I'm
still up for that! Maybe when I get older the redhawk will make more sense if i can lift
it

Wes