Posted to alt.radio.digital,uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
Agamemnon Agamemnon is offline

Default examples of digital rip-off

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
In message , Agamemnon
writes

Ok. Add the incident I reported last year of my dad being ripped of by
Comet who sold him a SCART lead he didn't need for a LCD TV with built-in
Freeview.

Maybe he would need a SCART lead to feed the TV video output to a VCR or
DVD recorder?

He didn't buy a VCR or DVD recorder nor did he need a new SCART lead since
he already had one for his old VCR. In fact he's get half a dozen SCART
leads including one from the old STB that connected it to the CRT TV the
Freeview LCD TV was replacing. The salesman in Comet conned him into
thinking it was an HDMI lead after my dad insisted he didn't need a SCART
lead. Even if it had been an HDMI lead, my dad does not have anything with
an HDMI output to connect to the TV in the first place.

--
Ian