Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom Kendrick Tom Kendrick is offline

Default Nail gun for outside use?

Hot-dipped galvanized ring shank or screw shank nails. This type of
nailgun (or equivalent) is recommended:
http://www.amazon.com/Hitachi-NV65AH.../dp/B0000225JZ

Rent the gun and buy a few coils of nails. The nails are smaller in
diameter and less likely to split the paneling. The siding nailer is
about twice the price of other framing/finish nailers and is specific
to fence pickets or siding.

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 00:22:49 GMT, Chuck wrote:

I need to replace some of my house outside paneling that is cedar (1'x9 1/4"x
various lengths). I was thinking of using wood screws because some of the new
boards are cupped and the screws will pull the boards up tight to the wall.
Can I use my nail gun? If so, are there any nails that would hold the panel
tight against the wall? Also can I get galvenized or non rust nails?
I have over 100 panels to repair or replace so a nail gun sure would be faster.
Any ideas? Thanks CB