Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Nail gun for outside use?

Chuck wrote:
I need to replace some of my house outside paneling that is cedar (1'x9
1/4"x various lengths). I was thinking of using wood screws because some
of the new boards are cupped and the screws will pull the boards up
tight to the wall.
Can I use my nail gun? If so, are there any nails that would hold the
panel tight against the wall? Also can I get galvenized or non rust nails?
I have over 100 panels to repair or replace so a nail gun sure would be
faster.

What do you have for a nailer, first?

Siding nails are normally recommended to be ring-shanked and are
available in galvanized (or stainless if you want spend the big bucks);
look at any supplier for the particular nailer, assuming of course, it's
appropriate for the purpose (that is, a finish nailer or roof mailer
aren't)...