Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default digital tv

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 10:22:51 -0600, AZ Nomad
wrote:

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 08:12:27 -0800, Jon Danniken wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

I was under hte impression that cable companies HAD to provide the
channels with no converter box. MetroCast is telling us to hook out old
TV's to the cable so no box is needed. Seems like Comcast is screwing
people.

I read somewhere (likely here) that they were only required to provide the
OTA channels in analog. No validation of that, however.

It seems pretty hard to actually pin down reliable information right now.
Comcast, last year, ran a commercial for a few months telling people that as
long as they were on cable, they didn't have to do anything.

As long as you don't mind renting a cable box for every tv and don't
mind losing the ability to record anything unless you have their crappy
DVR.

My DVR (ReplayTV 5xxx) works fine with my digital cable box
(Motorola).
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"The government of the United States is not, in
any sense, founded on the Christian religion."