Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R.Birch David R.Birch is offline

Default hey Gunner

Stupendous Man wrote:
I should soon be recieving a barely used Armalite AR-7. These worth
much?

I picked up an Armalite AR-7 for $140 last year.

I know the Charter Arms were prone to jamming. 20 years ago I
returned mine within a week and got a Ruger 10-22

I used to have problems with unreliable feeding. I've solved this on
several different AR-7 versions. What has worked for me is to put a
tiny feed ramp in the lower rear of the chamber. Use a fine round
file, like a small fine tooth chainsaw file, smaller diameter than the
chamber, and cut a 45 degree groove not more than .030" deep. This is
cut and try, as you don't want to take out too much. Be careful that
you don't damage the chamber walls with the end of the file.

David