Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Finish Nail Gun?

Davej wrote:
On Feb 12, 11:32 am, wrote:
On Feb 12, "HeyBub" wrote:

Buy the cheap Harbor Freight tool, a box of 2" brads, and a box of the
1-1/4" brads. I am certain you'll be pleased.

Just be careful not to buy the cheapest HF nailer (the red one). I
have the blue one and it seems to be pretty good but I threw the red
one away. My real nailers (a roofer and a framer) are Hitachi

Ok, but are these things going to break the first time I hit a nail?
For the base trim I've been aiming for the sill 2x4 (against the
subfloor) and hit nails fairly often.

Be _dxxxn_ sure you're wearing eye protection, then...the biggest
concern I'd have would be ricochet if were to dead-center on a 16d, say.

No specific experience w/ the HF nailers; I bought refurb'ed Bostitch
for all owing primarily to plentiful choices of ammunition for them and
reasonable cost.

There's no real substitute for the purpose when there is a purpose and
particularly if time is of any concern -- other than that, there's
always the fact that there's nothing you can do w/ a nailer that can't
be hand nailed, albeit even if it may take pilot holes or other special
efforts to accomplish.