Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin' Man is offline

Default Small drainage problem

Greetings,

I belong to a little brick bungalow in the midwest US, built in
'54, poured-concrete foundation. Densely populated urban area.

When we get a hard rain with the wind from the north, I get some
water seepage in the basement in the front, more-or-less under
the front picture-window.

Where the foundation meets grade out front is a small gravel garden
and 3 large yews with trunks 12-18" from the building. It's all on
the side of a hill, the grade there gradually tapers down maybe 30
degrees.

I'm thinking if I had some flexible plastic drain pipe, I could
maybe dig a channel where the grade meets the masonry. The pipe
would have to be open or perforated on top, solid on bottom so
it would route rainwater down and away from the foundation.

Does this sound like a viable approach? Does such drain pipe
(maybe 4" diameter) exist, say, in the hideous big-boxes like
Homey-Depot? Other ideas??

TIA,
Puddin'