Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_2_] Jon Danniken[_2_] is offline

Default digital tv

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

I was under hte impression that cable companies HAD to provide the
channels with no converter box. MetroCast is telling us to hook out old
TV's to the cable so no box is needed. Seems like Comcast is screwing
people.

I read somewhere (likely here) that they were only required to provide the
OTA channels in analog. No validation of that, however.

It seems pretty hard to actually pin down reliable information right now.
Comcast, last year, ran a commercial for a few months telling people that as
long as they were on cable, they didn't have to do anything.

Of course, this was innaccurate information, as evidenced by my previous
post. Whether they were aware of this information being innaccurate at the
time I do now know, but I would be surprised if they didn't. You don't just
"upgrade" your entire analog infrastucture to digital on a few month's
notice.

If that is the case, then they are most certainly "screwing people".

Jon