Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Finish Nail Gun?

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:55:05 -0800 (PST), Davej
wrote:

-snip-
Ok, so go with a name brand? Bostitch, Senco, or Hitachi?

I would. It isn't a whole lot more & if it breaks you can get parts
and fix it. I can only comment on the Bostitch. I've got a
used N62 & I like how it is built.

My brother-in-law swears by his senco. BTW, his is a cartridge gun.
No compressor needed, but the cartridges are expensive and only
stocked by a couple local stores. I'd stick with a pneumatic as
the compressor is really free because even if you don't have one, when
you get it you'll wonder how you lived without it. [same with the
nailer-- if/when you need to drive and set nails again you'll
wonder how you survived the 'old days'/]

Jim