Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to seal new plastic soil stack to old cast iron stack

In article
,
tonyjeffs wrote:
having installed a gf wc, I'm fitting a new plastic soil stack.
The old cast iron stack terminates about 2 foot below ground level, so
rather than do it proproperly, and dig out, which could be one hell of
a job, i've decided to leave a stub of 6" cast iron pipe protruding
above gl. and join the plastic pipe to it.

Go to a decent plumber's merchant and buy the correct coupler for this job.

--
*I don't suffer from insanity -- I'm a carrier

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.