Posted to rec.woodworking
alexy alexy is offline

Default JET JWL-1236 Wood Lathe // Opinions?

KIMOSABE wrote:

Anybody here have a JET JWL-1236 Wood Lathe?

How do you like it? I may have a chance to pick up a used one.

I got lots of varied input when I asked the same question at wood
central

http://www.woodcentral.com/cgi-bin/t...pl?read=196361

Bottom line is I would get the 1220 instead, if the cost didn't compel
the 1236 choice. I ended up with the 1014 because of price with a
great deal, and find it very capable. But at stock prices, 1220 would
be my choice rather than 1014 + bed extension.