Posted to rec.woodworking
basilisk basilisk is offline

Default Jet shop filter ok to run without filters?

Leon wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
Probably a stupid question, but... Is there any reason that running it as
"fan" can hurt or make it less effective..

Looking ahead to summer and was going to put an exhaust fan in the
shop... Thinking of venting the Jet to the outside instead...

It's ceiling mounted and should pull the hot air off the (10') ceilings..
I can't think of how removing the filters could hurt it.. Just more air
flow,
right?
Would it be better to leave the outer filter on, to keep dust out of the
fan, or
would the dust just blow on through?

thanks,

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Concerning longetivity of the motor and bearings, do you have a regular
fan
in the shop? Is it holding up OK? I would not be concerned, myself.

I'm a little late coming into this thread but one thing to watch for
is motor overload, the less resistance and higher cfm will load the motor
to a greater level.

basilisk