Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Charles Charles is offline

Default Nothing more pleasant than...

"flipper" wrote in message
On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 19:46:04 -0500, "Charles"
wrote:

"flipper" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 11:47:33 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Nothing more pleasant than...

A Democrat President, barely two weeks into his term, already losing
popularity in the polls.

Maybe he'll reach W's level within his honeymoon 100 days ?:-)

And, now, less than 50% approving his stimulus package.

...Jim Thompson

President Obama screwed up (the nominated tax evaders) and quickly and
publicly admitted it!

Oh really? Just exactly what was his screw up, precisely? Picking a
Democrat? Listening to Democrats? Believing a Democrat? Using Democrat
vetters?

What did he say was his 'screw up', what did he say he 'learned', and
what did he say he's going to change in order to avoid future 'screw
ups'?

Finally, a breath of fresh air! A bright guy who has
his ego under control! (Unlike JT and Bush and their ilk).

You're a sucker for B.S.

I am hopeful, and I suppose that makes me a sucker.

Not too many thoughtful, salvageable folks here on this server, but you
might be one.

The trouble that we are in is clearly based on corruption and greed, which
are absolutely bipartisan. Instead of lining up on opposite sides, let's
look at what we might consider: Here are some positive steps:

1/ Lobbyists banned or severely restricted
2/ Line item veto for our CEO (currently O.O.)
3/ Term limits for Congress
4/ A mandated balanced budget plan. (I know, it is now an exercise, but
mandating this form of fiscal planning is essential).

I could go on, but you would not read it. So, here is a summary statement:
The founders of our country (which I truly love and respect) assumed that
members of Congress would be farmers and small business owners and craftsmen
and doctors and teachers and ordinary folk, and that they would serve one
term and then go back home and practice their craft. Today, their craft (as
mostly lawyers) is to be re-elected via pork, earmarks, and all sorts of
baggage that is drowning us.

BTW, some small investors and shaky financial institutions who have been
caught up in this recent crash should NOT be bailed out. Why? Because pigs
get fat and hogs get slaughtered. Old but true.