Posted to alt.home.repair
Caesar Romano Caesar Romano is offline

Default Water Neutralizers Cost

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 16:35:43 -0500, frank1492
wrote Re Water Neutralizers Cost:

The plumbers have told my grandmother that she needs a self- cleaning
water neutralizer. I really have no doubt of this as she has had
serious copper corrosion issues, and the plumbers have had her water
tested and found it to have a very low pH (high acid).
My question has to do with how much she will be paying. They have
quoted her around $1300 installed. I have seen a couple units online
for about $1000. It looks like installation is realtively simple.
She is on a fixed income and needs to watch her pennies. Can
someone give guidelines as to how much she should spend?
Help much appreciated!
Frank

I have a neutralizer and $300 to install the unit sounds reasonable to
me, provided that:

1) The installation includes the needed provision for back flushing
(may not be needed in a municipal water system)

2) The installation includes bypass valves and piping so the unit can
be bypassed and removed for service if needed.