Posted to alt.home.repair

Default water heater install in nc

With a pilot free furnace and the WH being the only other
gas appliance, you have nothing to worry about. Shut the gas
off, make the needed repairs. Replace the gas shut off to
the WH, one of the new ones.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"flir67" wrote in message
I need some advice with a gas water heater install. the old
water
heater is 28years old. I've done weeks of research on how to
install
it. the only problem I have is the gas valve next to the
water heater
has bolt going through it. the top of the valve looks like a
old valve
(1978 house was built) it has a big head on it for a wrench
with a nut
on the bottom side of it.

I want to replace it but I'm not looking forward to turning
all the
gas off in the house. any one recommend any problems I may
run into if
I cut off all the gas into the house. I read up on these
forums about
failure for the gas to cut back on afte its been turned
off.

I have a new pilot-free furnace so no worries there. gas
heater is
only other gas appliance.

thanks inadvance.

home depot wants 400. for a water heater install
and I called a local plumber company and they want 500.00
for the
install.

I don't have this much to pay. I want to do the work myself.