Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Mahogany table top

My experience with mahogany is that it is pretty stable. If you have
the ability to select the boards for your glue-up look for those most
closely cut as quartersawn. Look at the ends for ring lines that run
perpendicular to the face. Also finish it the same on both sides for
equal mositure changes.

On Feb 10, 3:11*pm, wrote:
I am working on a mahogany game table with a 31"X 31" top. Because of
the way the drawer runners are oriented cleats under the top are not
possible. Is this top to large, I mean will it warp with changes in
humidity etc? Should I use substrate and PSA veneer?
Thanks