Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marky P[_2_] Marky P[_2_] is offline

Default drenched chipboard shelves in under sink cupboard

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 22:51:51 -0000, "Clot"
wrote:

OG wrote:
"Marky P" wrote in message
Hi,

Noticed a strange thing today. There are two shelves in my under
sink cupboard and they are drenched right through the chipboard but
the laminated surfaces are bone dry. I can't seem to find any
leaking pipes, but also I can't work out how to take the units
apart. I live in a housing association property so I'll contact
them in the morning. Just seems odd how the woods wet inside but the
outside is dry.

Is there a cut edge against a damp surface that is acting as a wick,
drawing moisture into the chipboard?

Like the cold rising main on which water can condense?

I hope so. That would be nice & easy to sort out.

Marky P.