Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ron Lowe Ron Lowe is offline

Default Land Rover Disco 3 voltage regulator levels

"Frank Erskine" wrote in message

Simply because the type of person who buys such a vehicle tends to be
the type who falls for all this type of hype, and probably uses
oxygen-free copper 'cables' for their hi-fi type stuff...

Well, I'm not guilty of oxygen-free cables.
I do, however, have 3 runs of high quality cable from my tri-anps to my Linn
Isobariks.
Does that count ? :-)

As to the choice of vehicles:

I live near Aberdeen, and commute to Montrose daily, over either the
Netherly road or the Slug road. These can become difficult sometimes in
winter. With the disco, it's a much more pleasant experience than with my
old Audi A4.

We are members of the Gordon Skiers ( http://www.gordonskiers.co.uk/ ) ,
which requires us to be at the Lecht ski centre for 09:00 on a Sunday
morning. I routinely cart 5 or 6 kids to the lecht, or Glenshee, along
with all their ski gear for race training. The disco is absolutely the
tool for this. Sunday mornings at the snow gate at Cock Bridge at 8:30,
there's a queue of a dozen discos and other 4wd, mostly from the club,
waiting for the snow blower to clear a good enough path for the gates to
open. Last Sunday, we ended up at Glenshee, but a bit late. The car park
was full, and Plod was patrolling up and down making sure no-one parked on
the road. I was able to go into the 'full' car-park, and drive up a fairly
off-road snowfield at the enge of the car-park, and park there ( as had
other discos etc ). At the end of the day, I towed 2 stuck
rear-wheel-drive BMWs out of the car park :-) Fantastic conditions, BTW.

Summer brings sailing, and I'm towing lasers and dart catamarans around the
place.
Disco is again the tool of choice.

Motorway blast down to in-laws in Shropshire, the disco is an impeccable
motorway cruiser.

Given the mix of uses I have, I can't think of any single vehicle that would
suit me better.

--
Ron