Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Land Rover Disco 3 voltage regulator levels

In article . com,
Jules wrote:
Disco is the car of choice for someone who needs off road, and also
needs a practical comfortable motorway car as well.

Well, our truck's practical and comfortable, and it's over 40 years old*.
I have no problem with those aims - I just don't follow the logic of
over-complicating fundamental vehicle systems (or things like loading it
up with trim that's just going to add weight and get scuffed/wrecked)

I don't really see that controlling the alternator output by the engine
ECU is over complicating things. Actually makes a deal of sense. The ECU
already controls idle speed and the two are interrelated. Means it can
also reduce the output when full power is called for.

--
*I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.