Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default Land Rover Disco 3 voltage regulator levels

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 05:37:16 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Simply because the type of person who buys such a vehicle tends to be
the type who falls for all this type of hype, and probably uses
oxygen-free copper 'cables' for their hi-fi type stuff...

Total rubbbish. At least round here.

Yeah, I think that's maybe a bit harsh, but...

Disco is the car of choice for someone who needs off road, and also
needs a practical comfortable motorway car as well.

Well, our truck's practical and comfortable, and it's over 40 years old*.
I have no problem with those aims - I just don't follow the logic of
over-complicating fundamental vehicle systems (or things like loading it
up with trim that's just going to add weight and get scuffed/wrecked)

* although only 2wd right now until I find a 4wd donor - it's on the to-do
list...

Defender is better off road, but its noisy and uncomfortable.

Hmm, noise is a good one... although every "larger than car-size" vehicle
I've been in has seemed noisy, modern or otherwise, so I'm not sure I'd
appreciate attempts to make it just a little bit quieter.

And yet its stillsmart enouigh to go 'to town' in in a suit..

I suppose you have expensive tax and MOTs over there (and less space on
average), so it's harder to run several vehicles and just use the most
appropriate one for a job

cheers

J.