Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.scooter,alt.motorcycles,rec.motorcycles.tech
Bob[_15_] Bob[_15_] is offline

Default Scooter Soldering Kit Battery

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 19:33:50 GMT, paul c wrote:

|Mark Olson wrote:
| I was going to disagree but having thought about it I must agree.
| Under what circumstances would you need to *solder* anything on
| a bike or scooter, that couldn't wait until you reach someplace
| with mains power? ...
|
|I know Bob and if he's still living in that colourful part of town I remember, he must do his own maintenance on the street without access to household power. (Heh, heh, I'm lucky, relatively speaking, my trailer has a power outlet, only problem is in winter when I have to remember to turn off various appliances inside because of the whopping 30 amp service in the park!)

Thanx for all the input, but I came to the conclusion that I would
rather not risk "toasting" my soldering iron....one calculative post said
it would... in Message-ID:

The fact being that it is not absolutely necessary like an emergency
(when losing an iron would mean nothing).....although it may be a practical
emergency application, but who is going to tote a soldering iron around
under the already filled under seat scooter storage space.

I can get the bike to mains in my other place, but my parking place
has no electrical conveniences....

I needed to solder some 20 gauge wiring to those fine little piezo
speaker/siren/buzzer wires.

--
Triad Productions-FantallaŽ~EZine~ParaNovel
National Association of Assault Research