Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.scooter,alt.motorcycles,rec.motorcycles.tech
Who Me? Who Me? is offline

Default Scooter Soldering Kit Battery

"ian field" wrote

The pencil size butane torch I have works very well - unfortunately the
catalysing solder tip that came with it is about as much use as a
chocolate
teapot!

OK, so we are left with two options:
1) Practice soldering with a bare butane flame. The pencil torches can be
adjusted (after a short warm-up) to a flame small enough to do the
job.......but that IS an acquired skill.
OR
2) Spend a few extra bucks and get a "real" butane soldering pencil. I have
one and it works very good......."catalyzing" tip and all!