Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default drenched chipboard shelves in under sink cupboard

Marky P wrote:
Hi,

Noticed a strange thing today. There are two shelves in my under sink
cupboard and they are drenched right through the chipboard but the
laminated surfaces are bone dry. I can't seem to find any leaking
pipes, but also I can't work out how to take the units apart. I live
in a housing association property so I'll contact them in the morning.
Just seems odd how the woods wet inside but the outside is dry.

Marky P.

Is water making its way under the edge of the sink?

Once the core of the chip gets wets, it takes an awfully long time to
dry out.

--
Rod

onset.