Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Big_Jake Big_Jake is offline

Default Bathtub question

On Feb 6, 7:09*pm, Steve Barker wrote:
Heathcliff wrote:
On Feb 5, 12:29 am, Kompu Kid wrote:
Hello All:

I want to remove the knob that moves my pop-up plug for the drain up
and down.

I tried to pull this knob but it is not moving. *I looked around for a
set screw. There is none.

I have photos of the knob at:

http://cid-eb85de77506ba8ba.skydrive...px/BathTub?aut....

Is there any trick to removing this type of knob?

I need to remove it to open the clogged drain.

Thanks!

Deguza

Usually there is access to the back side of these fixtures through a
removable panel on the OTHER side of the wall from the tub. *May be in
the back of a closet or something. *Access to the back of the tub may
help clarify how things are attached and connected. *-- H

I've been in a plethora of houses and have NEVER seen an access panel
for the back of the tub hardware... *Now in modulars and mobiles, yes,
but not in stick built houses.

You need to get out more. I own a dozen or so, all stick built, and
each and every one has an access panel for the tub drain and related
hardware. It is extremely rare for me not to see that sort of thing
in a house. Where do you live?

JK