Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_2_] Steve Barker[_2_] is offline

Default Receptacles -- # of wires per screw

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 2/9/2009 10:12 PM Steve Barker spake thus:

the multiple cable outlet should be pigtailed out anyway. Only ONE
black, ONE white, and ONE bare go to the outlet. To daisy chain them
using the multiple screws is sloppy and asking for trouble.

Are you saying not to use both screws on a duplex outlet? I do this all
the time, and it seems perfectly safe and sensible, and saves a lot of
unnecessary pigtailing.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you said.

You're not misunderstanding.

to daisy chain from outlet to outlet using the double set of screws will
lead to trouble down the line. Especially if you have to take an outlet
out of the mix. Then you'd be killing everyone down stream also.