Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Land Rover Disco 3 voltage regulator levels

Frank Erskine wrote:
On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 16:12:52 -0600, Jules
wrote:

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 14:35:39 +0000, Adrian wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

But the alternator output is connected directly to the battery - so
apart from some voltage drop which should be tiny, the two are the same.
Somehow, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if complex modern stuff
like this wasn't that straightforward...

Yeah, I've never quite understood the philosophy behind taking a utility
vehicle and loading it up to the gills with technology :-)

Simply because the type of person who buys such a vehicle tends to be
the type who falls for all this type of hype, and probably uses
oxygen-free copper 'cables' for their hi-fi type stuff...

Total rubbbish. At least round here.

Disco is the car of choice for someone who needs off road, and also
needs a practical comfortable motorway car as well.

Defender is better off road, but its noisy and uncomfortable.

People who tow horseboxes or sailing dinghys, or indeed any sport that
requires you to go on poor surfaces with load.

And yet its stillsmart enouigh to go 'to town' in in a suit..