Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Receptacles -- # of wires per screw

"RonABC" wrote in message
RBM wrote:
"RonABC" wrote in message
Is there a specific electrical code that states how many wires can be
attached per screw when wiring outlet receptacles?

There are a couple of code sections that would apply: Mostly in
section 110 that require equipment be installed as per manufacturer
instructions, installed in a workmanlike manner, also 110.14A, which
mentions that terminals for more than one conductor shall be so
identified.

Thanks. I think that's it. I don't think I've ever seen anything on any
electrical terminals that identify them as being for more than one
conductor, but I'll have to try looking at different devices and maybe the
manufacturer specifications for each device.

Personally, I'm curious about receptacles with screw clamps. Each clamp has
two holes where wires can be inserted, and there are 4 clamps. That could be
one pile of wires. I prefer to use pigtails on any receptacle with more than
four wires.