Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim2009[_2_] Jim2009[_2_] is offline

Default Crown Molding Scarf Joints

wrote in message
I just put up white crown molding. I used angled (45 degree) scarf
joints where two pieces meet along a wall. I matched the joints very
carefully but slight differences in the elevation of the two sides
seem magnified. I've tried caulk, wood filler, and lots of paint, but
the joints still seem visible. Is there a trick I am missing?

Thanks,
Tim

Check that your saw is cutting both pieces accurately (proper angle) and
that the pieces are not moving while cut.

Also check your stock, I have seen trim that was slighter wider/thicker
depending on which line it came off of or what day.

Cheers,
Jim