Suz

Default Condensing Tumble Driers

"IMM" wrote in message

"Richard Faulkner" wrote in message
In article , Suz
writes
But again the extra features like moisture sensor to stop, and keep

turning
after cycle complete would be necessary for best results if you wish to
avoid ironing. The extra cost would be recouped easily if you compared

it
a years electricity consumption of an iron or the cost of an ironing
service.

Suzanne,

I'm getting into this now, and am wondering if you researched washer
dryers with these functions? If it truly works, I can add in around £400
per year in ironing service costs, on top of the cost of a normal washer
dryer of about £325.

I've been to the usual suspects, Comet, Currys, Powerhouse (New), and
cant find one, or cant find anything which suggests it has the sensor
and keep turning facility.

I wonder if they dont make them yet?

I think Suz means that a keep turning facility is that the drum turns for
about 10 mins after the heater element goes off. Auto detect if dry is
common.

Not really. The drum turns once every five minutes so clothes don't settle
into creases. It will go for days. Once the door is opened the cycle is
truly ended and when shut again doesn't turn any more.
My mother's cheapie turns off the heat and blows cold air for 10 mins at the
end to "set" the clothes. But then that's it stopped for ever. So if
you're out, forgotten about it, etc, wrinkles start to set in.

We didn't look at washer dryers at all because we already had a good washing
machine, and doing 3 washes a day means we need a quick turnaround time.

I'll do a quick surf and see if I can spot anything with similar functions
to ours.