Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default Internal Combustion Breakthrough?

J. Clarke wrote:
Lee Michaels wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote
Right now it looks like he's got a cute little air motor. If it
actually runs on fuel, doesn't overheat at high power, holds
together
for a few thousand hours, gives reasonable throttle response,
passes
emissions, and if it really achieves the efficiency he claims,
_then_
he's got an engine.

The air is used in public settings to meet fire codes. He has run
them on fuel for awhile now. The easiest fuel for it to use is
deisel. All of his initial offerings will be in deisel. He can
make
a few changes to use other fuels.

Does he have a video of it running on something other than air? I
didn't see one on his site. I know he _says_ that he has, but where's
the meat?

Again, he has to build something beyond prototypes. I wish him the
best. It is a real creative feat. But real life has a way of
dashing
dreams.

I wish him well too, but don't really expect him to deliver. In
engineering when someone comes to you with something that looks too
good to be true, it generally is.

People including those in Washington do not understand there is a fixed
amount of energy in the Carbon bond. When the Carbon molecule is
oxidized it release a known amount of energy that can be calculated.
(This energy can be found in any Handbook of Engineering, Physics, or
Chemistry and probably hundreds of sites online) Regardless of what you
do, you can only recover 100% of this energy. Hence with cars to get
higher miles per gallon you have to reduce the size of the car. A
roller skate should be able to get a couple of hundred miles per gallon.

Like Bigfoot, I have heard of the supper carburetor for years, but it
still is not real.