Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default reciprocating/sabre saw recommendations?

Rick... (The other Rick) brought next idea :
The only thing I find a saber saw useful for is to cut apart old pallets for
firewood.

They do not make accurate cuts and vibrate like crazy.

I reckon to be able to make a fairly accurate square cut free hand
without marking up - when using a hand saw. My (Aldi) was as accurate
as I would expect to cut by hand. I had no trouble with vibration, but
it does need to be held tight up against the item being cut.

I have the Ryobi One+ saw with Lithium-Ion batteries. (£50 for the saw, £150
for 2 batteries and
charger) The batteries get sucked dry in about 5 minutes or less.

Too be fair I would not expect batteries to last long, they are an high
current application very different from a battery drill.

I now have mine permanently set up along side my vice where there is
power.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)