Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default French fighters grounded due to Windows virus

On Feb 10, 6:18*am, " wrote:
On Feb 9, 2:43*pm, Jim Wilkins wrote:

I can't get Knoppix to boot from a thumb drive.
jw

The latest Ubuntu is designed for it. I haven't tried it yet but I
just got an 8G thumb drive from Walmart to play with it.
Karl

Ubuntu 8 doesn't see the hidden Dell utility partition. I used Knoppix
to delete the automatic reboot from its autoexec.bat and open it up as
a DOS 7 partition so I can program the serial and parallel ports and
attached homebrew hardware. Windows and Visual Basic took low level
hardware access away.

It's amazing how quickly a 2.2GHz PC boots DOS, 10 Sec from power-on
to C:\.

Jim Wilkins