Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default $199 Capet Instillation

"cshenk" wrote in
:

"Michael Dobony" wrote

Both Home Depot and Lowes advertise whole house carpet installation
for $199. Has anybody here taken advantage of this? Are there any
catches to this other than stairs not included in the price? Did
they do an adequate job?

Like others say, depends on the sub contractor. I am told (have not
done mine yet) that the local Lowes is the one to avoid and the local
Home Depot does a nice job. For a fee, they will shuffle all the
furniture too but not my 70 gallon fish tank (wouldnt expect them or
trust anyone with that beauty!).

We did our own job on the floor of the sunroom and it's nice enough
but the livingroom will be a professional install when we have the
money saved up.

It was a few yeas back but at that time, for some reason, most likely the
hook. they charged 1 cent per piece of furniture moving (came to $1
total), 1 cent per sq yd to remove and 1 cent per sq yd to dispose of old
carpet. The install was 5.75/sq yd. It's that 6 / half dozen thing.