Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry[_7_] Larry[_7_] is offline

Default Hardwood in Dallas, Texas

Douglas Johnson wrote in
:

My favorite hardwood vendor in Dallas has been Blue Linx
(formerly Austin) Hardwoods. I drove by there last week
and they had closed. I went over to Hardwood Lumber and
they have moved and downsized to just a minimal selection.
Curly Woods in McKinney closed last year.

I don't care if Lehman Brothers survives or not, but when
my wood pushers start closing, this economy has gone too
far.

I know about Wood World, Woodcraft, and Rockler. Is there
any place left in the Dallas area where I can a wide
variety of hardwood at reasonable prices?

Thanks,
Doug

I'm in the same boat as you, they were also my source. A
little searching turned up Central Hardwoods. They're located
a few blocks from where Blue Linx used to be but I haven't had
a chance to investigate yet. There's also Brazos Forest
Products off of 360 but the selection is sorely lacking. If
you find a decent supplier please post back for the benefit of
others.

Larry