Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Land Rover Disco 3 voltage regulator levels

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 22:49:51 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 21:40:30 -0000, Ron Lowe wrote:

I found it to be 15.6v with the engine running. IMHO, that's too high,
and possibly the cause of the lamp problem.

Agreed, stop faffing about and take it to the dealers to sort out. Report
the blowing of bulbs and the voltage you have found. It's not right, stand
your ground firmly and politely.

Around 13·8V is the usual - that's why so-called 12V power units for
mobile CB and amateur radio are normally rated at 13·8.
I would reckon that anything much in excess of 14V needs looking at.

I suspect that LR's ethos is that Discos are likely to be fitted with
lots of accessories such as internal and rear working lights where a
higher rate of charge may seem appropriate.

--
Frank Erskine