Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default reciprocating/sabre saw recommendations?

It happens that Stephen formulated :
Hello,

I was wondering about buying a reciprocating saw for general DIY use.
Do you find them to be very useful? Is it worth investing in one?

Since I'm not going to be using it intensively, I don't want to be
spending hundreds of pounds. What budget models do you recommend?

Aldi had one on special offer a few weeks ago at around £25, if you
don't mind cheap and cheerful. The still had some left last time I was
there and the price had been reduced to £20. I bought one and they seem
good enough - variable speed, complete with several blade types. I
managed to saw through a 5" diameter tree trunk several times without
too much difficulty to enable it to be disposed of.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)