Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
[email protected] lenhow@yahoo.com is offline

Default My first pens (1/1)

On Mon, 02 Feb 2009 20:55:59 -0600, bumhead
wrote:

Looks good. I've been making pens for a few months now. Sure is a
fun hobby. Domestic woods can make some beautiful stuff also. Cross
cut Oak is beatiful. I made a set using Australian Lacewood that came
out nice.
Make great gifts. I took 8 pen and pencil sets home for stocking
stuffer this past Christmas. Every one loved them.

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 18:36:33 -0800, "jloomis"
wrote:

Nice work. they will show off quite well.
jloomis
wrote in message
. ..

I think that is what attracted me, the ability to use all kinds of
cool species of wood without breaking the budget. If my first few are
any indication, it's going to be hard to hold onto them for long. I
agree, they make good gifts ! (and apparently so do my family members)
=0)
Thanks,
Lenny