Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default reciprocating/sabre saw recommendations?

Stephen wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering about buying a reciprocating saw for general DIY use.
Do you find them to be very useful? Is it worth investing in one?

Not sure about 'general' DIY use. Won't replace a jigsaw or a circular saw.
I've never found them terribly precise or accurate.

I do carry one on the van, but its only used as a weapon of mass destruction
really - cutting out old door frames, seised bolts, tree roots etc.

What did you intend using it for?

Do you think cordless is as good as corded?

A good cordless probably would be - Makita, Blue Bosch, DeWalt but you are
talking a lot of money.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk