Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Young Don Young is offline

Default Rerouting an 1/2" rigid electrical conduit in the attic

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
news
All my electrical lines are EMT conduits in the attic. There is a perfect
spot in my bathroom I would like to install an exhaust fan but the 1/2"
conduit is in the way. It is 4" above the ceiling board and I need 8" of
clearance to fit that fan. I have considered all other spots and this is
the only logical spot for a variety of reasons.

Is there a way I can reroute this conduit "locally"?

What I mean is I have no idea where it goes and where it is coming from,
it is in a tight spot in the attic and I can see as far as I can see with
a flash light and not sure where this conduit is going each way.

Can I cut the pipe where I would want the exhaust fan, and put in four 90
degree elbows to "offset" the pipe around the fan? If so, how would I do
that?

I cannot think of a way to do this without having to insert two junction
boxes at the two cut ends. Is that the only way?

Thanks,

MC

With such a long run it should be possible to just move the conduit over to
clear the fan.

Don Young