Posted to alt.home.repair
Matt[_7_] Matt[_7_] is offline

Default Using an AC-to-AC wall wart transformer/adapter in reverse

wrote:
On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 01:10:22 -0600, Matt
wrote:

mm wrote:
On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 18:34:52 -0600, Matt
wrote:

Ralph Mowery wrote:
"Matt" wrote in message
Suppose I have a plug-in transformer that reduces 120VAC power to some
lower AC voltage (say 12VAC or 24VAC), and suppose I want to do the
reverse---increase a low-voltage source back up to 120VAC.
Why do you want to do this, btw. Is there no 110 outlet at that
location? Maybe you can run one.

Trying to switch a relay that has a 120VAC coil using a nominal 24VAC
signal from a digital HVAC thermostat. I don't have a relay with a
24VAC coil handy.

Get one. They are very common, plentiful, and cheap. If you were in
Kitchener Waterloo I'd GIVE you one.

Shucks, I wish I were there ... but would it handle say 20A @ 120VAC?
To run a heater. I just paid $20 for a 30A relay, waiting for it to get
here ...