Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Another Foundation going in

"jloomis" wrote
Nice looking job. I like the post and beam aspect.

Bingo! ... you instinctively zeroed in on the main reason I took on the
project - the post and beam "infill" method, which puts no compression
whatsoever on the straw bale walls. Until I saw this one aspect in the
preliminary plans, I was skeptical about my participation.

Straw bale is a big deal in a few places these days.
Some are doing those here. I am afraid of insect and or moisture problems
in the bales......

By all accounts the walls are quite easy to repair (usually by the
homeowner, who more than likely participated in the original plastering) if
there should be the rare breach, and, as stated previously, insects to not
seem to be a problem historically.

I would love to build one.

I'm definitely enjoying the non traditional aspect of this project.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08