Posted to alt.home.repair
gpsman gpsman is offline

Default Automobile engine cleaning using mixture of kerosene and oil

On Feb 7, 6:47*pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
The makers of Slick 50 were actually sued by DuPont because of their use
of PTFE ("Teflon") because of concerns of engine damage and DuPont's
assertion that it was impossible for PTFE to behave the way that Slick
50 claimed inside an engine.

I don't know what's "possible" but when Slick 50 first hit the market
I saw a lawnmower engine supposedly treated with it run for about an
hour with no oil in the crankcase. It had supposedly been running all
day every day the previous week.

A couple years later I dumped some in my '81 Olds-88/350 beater and
didn't change the oil for about a year.

In -30 temps that was the only car on the block that would start, and
I mean two pumps of the throttle hit the key and vroom.

I parked that thing for almost 3 years before giving it to an out-of-
work neighbor with 5 kids that had his wife and month old infant
killed in a head-on in their only vehicle.

Threw a new battery in it and, vroom.
-----

- gpsman