Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Good Choice of Table Saw for very casual home use ??

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message
It's no mean feat to wrestle a full sheet of 3/4" ply over a table saw and
definitely not recommended w/o sufficient table to support it.

I have a Delta saw, outfeed table, etc. I still have my plywood cut into a
couple of pieces at the supplier to make it easier and safer to handle.
Some do it free, some charge a buck a cut. Worth it.

I've the PM Model 66 and the setup, too, but I still use the RAS for
ripping ply to width since it has the full-length (20+ ft overall)
support both in and out.

The suppliers generally have such rough machines and use so little
precision I prefer to do all myself so I can match grain, etc., and all
to my satisfaction at leisure rather than just take the random selection
of the moment.

Again, ymmv, $0.02, etc., ...