Posted to alt.home.repair
jp jp is offline

Default 6' Wood Fence

On Feb 6, 10:00*pm, "Derek Lawler" wrote:
I am planning to install a wooden fence from the corner of my house to a
neighbors fence, a distance of 28.5'. *From the corner of the house I have
to cross about 15' of a concrete apron. There will be a ten foot gated
opening about 5' from the corner of the house.
My question is: what is the best way to set the 4x4 posts in (or on) the
concrete. *I would prefer not to have to punch holes in the concrete for the
uprights but could anchor them with steel plates and use gussets to
reinforce the base of the uprights. *What do you suggest? *Thanking you in
advance.
Derek in south Florida

rent a cement hammer from the hardware store and make 2 holes for your
posts and forget about it. Do it right and stop worrying about the
drilling, good luck, henry