Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics
Ron Ron is offline

Default UK source for this magnetic switch?

Terminal Crazy wrote:
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
The only one in the UK which has trade counters in several cities is RS
Components - and they won't serve someone walking in off the street. And
rightly so - a genuine client shouldn't have to wait while an amateur
asks for advice, etc.

CPC have counters and served me, but i have registered an account on their
web site . It was No problem and the parts were waiting for pick up.

I buy from CPC weekly, my orders generally are for more than the minumum
carriage free amount, £45 IIRC, but I think it`s only a few pounds for
standard delivery.

As far as CPC being trade only. that`s a laugh, it was a big bone of
contention a few years ago when they started putting their weekly
special offer leaflets in punter magazines and opened a 'trade counter'
that is open to all. I`ve dealt with CPC since the early 80`s, they are
a good company, I`ve had very few problems, and complains are dealt with
asap.

Farnell also will hapily sell to the public via their website - The
Farnell organisation own CPC btw, I`ve also had good dealings with Rapid
Online.

Ron